Verify all motor assessment reports
Getting a technical report
If you have a dispute about your vehicle and you disagree with the technical findings then you may be asked to get an independent assessment of your vehicle to support your case. Some examples of where we may need a technical report include:
- New car extended warranty claims where the accredited business says the failure, not as a result of a manufacturing defect
- Extended warranty claims where the accredited business says the failure is not covered under the terms of the warranty e.g. wear and tear
- Vehicle sales complaints where the accredited business says the fault was not present when the car was sold to you, and you want to prove that it was
- Service and repair complaints where you think the work done by the accredited business has caused a problem with your car or has not fixed an issue, but they disagree
Assessment beyond normal
- Guaranteed confidentiality and impartiality.
- Fixed rates for vehicle inspections – no hidden extras.
- Vehicle inspections can be carried out at any garage premises, office car parks or at any private address (with an off-road, level hardstanding).
- Quick response times subject to workload and vehicle/vendor availability. Reports sent as soon as practically possible.
- We will provide free initial advice – without any obligation.
- Notify your repairer or warranty provider you will be seeking an independent report so they are given the opportunity to resolve the issue with you first without incurring extra costs. If they refuse then let them know the costs of the report will form part of your claim if you are successful.
- Make sure the vehicle is accessible to the territorial assessors
Please note that by completing any of our forms your data will be submitted directly to Territorial Assessors and will not be shared with any of The Motor Ombudsman or any other third party.